Monday, February 11, 2013

Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting


Hello!

This cupcake was ridiculously easy, and even more delicious.

Prep Time: ~20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 - 22 minutes
Ready to Enjoy: ~1 hour
Oven Temp:  350°

Here's what you need:

Cupcake Batter:

  • Cupcake Liners
  • 1 box of Devil's Food cake mix
  • 2 T. instant coffee
  • 1 C. Water
  • 1/2 C. Oil
  • 3 Eggs

Frosting/Toppings:


  • 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations *
  • 1 packet Duncan Hines frosting flavoring
  • Snack Size Kit Kat Bars
* You can find this at any store. I found it in my local Wal-Mart. Don't ever use it alone, because without some flavoring help, it isn't that great.


Mix the instant coffee and water until blended. Combine with the oil and eggs. Then add the cake mix and beat until moistened. Scoop into cupcake pan, and fill cups 2/3 full.
Place in oven for 18 - 22 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.

To be honest, I cheat on the 'cool completely' category. I put my freshly baked cupcakes on a cooling rack and put the entire thing in the fridge. It speeds up the process, and doesn't seem to affect the end product one bit. 
Anyway....

To make the frosting, empty out your frosting 'starter' into a bowl. Take the packet of flavored goodness and put it in the bowl. Combine it until there aren't any more streaks of color.

I use a pastry bag to frost my cupcakes. I'll admit, I'm no pro with it, but I'm learning, and I think it gives the cupcakes a nice finish.

So, take your delicious frosting, and pipe it on the cupcakes. Then take one 'stick' of a Kit Kat bar, and stick it in like it is a straw. It will be a nice, edible touch for decoration.
P.S. I don't believe in non-edible decorations.

And there you have it! 100% calorie free (or at least thats what I tell myself)  Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting!


No comments:

Post a Comment