Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Double Batch Because I've Been Gone So Long. :)

Hello Strangers...

Sorry I fell of the face of the planet for way too many months.
I didn't even bake this summer... at all... I was dying to bake. But I couldnt find the time.
But then I got the perfect opportunity.
A Bridal Shower.

Now if you know me, you know that I love weddings. So baking for something related to a wedding is pretty much the best thing ever.

The bridal shower was a wine tasting, so I needed to make unique, but simple flavors.

The first cupcake I made was a vanilla cupcake with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting.


Raspberry Filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Prep Time: 15 min



Bake time 15 min
Total Time 1 hr

Ingredients:

  • Betty Crocker Vanilla Cake Mix
  • Raspberry Pie Filling
  • Eggs
  • Water
  • Oil
  • Cupcake Liners
  • Cinnamon & Sugar
  • Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting
Preheat oven. Prepare cake mix as instructed. Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full. Place a small scoop of raspberry pie filling in each cup. Cover the filling with batter until a little over 2/3 full.
Bake until golden brown on top. When they are done, let cool completely. Using pastry bag, frost the cupcakes. Before serving, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.


Devil's Food Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting

Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 15 min
Total Time 45 min

Ingredients

  • Betty Crocker Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • Eggs
  • Water
  • Oil
  • Cupcake Liners
  • Duncan Hines Frosting Creations base frosting
  • Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Caramel flavoring
  • Sea Salt
Preheat oven. Prepare and bake cake mix as instructed on box. Cool completely before frosting.
Prepare the frosting by combining base frosting & flavoring. Add 2 tsp sea salt and stir well.
Using pastry bag, frost the cupcakes. Before serving, sprinkle cupcakes with sea salt.


I decided since it was my first 'commissioned' job, I would make myself some snazzy labels to make myself look like a 'professional'. There's definately a benefit to being a graphic designer. :)
Here's the masterpiece. 



Sorry it has been so long. I promise I will be more diligent. :) I also have a fun job coming up. ( But I'm keeping it a secret.)



No comments:

Post a Comment