Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup......Cake!!!

Hello all!

I have a ton of homework this weekend.
But I also have baking supplies.
Which do you think won?

Anyway, this week I've been on a 'forget the diet, I want chocolate' kick.
It ended up carrying over into my cupcakes for the week.
I had so much fun making filled cupcakes for Easter that I'm at it again.

This week, I made a chocolate cupcake with a peanut butter filling, and chocolate frosting.


Here's what you need:

Reese's Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate Frosting

Oven Temp: 350°
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 15-17 minutes
Total Time: ~ 1-1.5 hours

Ingredients:

Cupcake:

  • Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Cake Mix
  • 1/3 c. oil
  • 1 1/4 c. Water
  • 3 Eggs
  • Cupcake Corer (or a knife)
  • Cupcake liners
Filling:
  • 1 Jar Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 13 oz Jar of Marshmallow Fluff
  • Pastry Bag
Garnish/Frosting
  • Sea Salt
  • Chopped Peanuts
  • 1 can Betty Crocker Whipped Milk Chocolate Frosting
Prepare the cake mix per the directions on the box. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
Wait until they are completely cooled to core them.

While you are waiting, make your filling by taking equal parts (no specific measurements here... I made it up as I went along) of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff and mixing them in a bowl. There's no wrong way to do this part. Just make sure that the peanut butter flavor doesn't get masked by the marshmallow. 

*** a while later***

Core your cupcakes, or cut out a hole with a knife.
Put your filling into a pastry bag, (no tip needed) and fill the cores of the cupcakes. Smooth the top a little bit so that the frosting will sit nicely.

The Cupcakes all ready for delivery!
Now frost the cupcakes. (I used a pastry bag) Sprinkle A LITTLE 
sea salt on top of the frosting, and finish with the chopped peanuts.

There you go!!!

Bonus Story: 

I can't take these into work, because of allergies. So I decided I'm going to deliver them to friends and family around town... I can't wait!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment