Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

So today is my mom's birthday. (and by today, I mean yesterday, but we are celebrating it today.)
Long story short, I got put in charge of dessert (surprise, surprise... :) ) Since its been fall for a while now, I figured its time to start breaking out the pumpkin baked goods, Casual Cupcake style. :)

The finished (and delicious) product!

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Bake Time: 16 - 19 min / batch
Oven Temp: 350°
Total Time: 1.5 Hours

Ingredients

  • 1 Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix
  • 1 Can of pumpkin. (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1.5 t Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1/3 c oil
  • 1 c Candied Pecans
  • 2 cans Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting
  • Liners & Pastry bag (if desired)
Preheat the oven to 350°. Mix the eggs, water, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Add pumpkin pie spice & cake mix. Blend until well combined. Mix in pecans. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 
While your cupcakes are baking (and your house is smelling F-A-L-L-TASTIC, ) scoop your frosting into a bowl. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice in, and combine. I don't have an exact measurement, just do it until it looks (and tastes) good!
Once the cupcakes are baked & cooled, frost them and sample one right away! (I recommend a glass of milk....) Enjoy!
Sorry I have been a very undilligent blogger... Somehow full time school, full time job, and a weekend job are eating up my time. I will be better. :)

1 comment: